Saturday, April 14, 2012

My Thoughts on the Hunger Games Film


Synopsis
Sixteen year old Katniss Everdeen volunteers in her younger sister's place to enter the games, and is forced to rely upon her sharp instincts as well as the mentorship of drunken former victor Haymitch Abernathy when she's pitted against highly-trained Tributes who have prepared for these Games their entire lives. If she's ever to return home to District 12, Katniss must make impossible choices in the arena that weigh survival against humanity and life against love.

This isn't really a review, I just wanted to share how I felt about the film after having finally watched it yesterday. My thoughts under the cut.


Love,
BeKa



They did such a fantastic job with casting - I really love Josh Hutcherson as Peeta, and Amandla Stenberg as Rue was brilliant. My body wouldn't stop shaking during Rue's death scene! There were a lot of moments from the book that were cut and a lot of good dialogue missing. The beginning of the movie sort of dragged, and I felt that the ending was hurried. But overall I thought that the director did a good job considering the time constraints. He made it easy for us to connect with the characters. And whoever made the tweaks to Haymitch's character from book to movie made a great call because he was a lot more likable.

I enjoyed this movie and I would recommend it to others. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment