Saturday, April 28, 2012

China Glaze Capitol Colors: Harvest Moon [Updated, Originally Published 4-18-12]



I don't plan on making a habit of blogging about nail polish and cosmetics, but since this was sort of book related I thought it would be okay. :)

I was at Maui Hair and Body getting my eyebrows waxed when I saw a display for China Glaze Capitol Colors. I loved all of the colors - especially Luxe and Lush (which was sold out. Extreme sad face.) I ended up leaving with Harvest Moon and Electrify at $6.00/ea.


My picture isn't the greatest (I used my myTouch 4g's camera) and neither is the lighting, but you get some idea of what it looks like, right? (Please disregard the fact that I am hopeless at painting my nails and the paint ends up on my nails and everywhere else.)

Things you should know about this polish:

  • What you see is what you get - the color in the bottle is the color you get on your nails after ONE COAT!!!!! 
  • It was fast drying (it took about a minute before I could go about my business again, but if you're wary you can wait longer.) 
  • It's easy to remove (from skin, anyway.) I accidentally painted my finger and cleaned it immediately. Most nailpolishes leave ugly streak marks on my skin, but this came off clean.
Because I just applied it today, I'm not sure what it's longevity is while it's on the nail. I don't use a base or top coat so when a polish lasts more than five days you can color me impressed. :)

Eventually, I'll post a picture of what Electrify looks like. If any of you have the other colors, I'd love to see how it looks on your nails or what kind of nail art you've done with the polish. ^_^


Love,
BeKa


EDIT

This is what my nails looks like ten days later:


It wasn't until the last few days that it really started chipping off. Considering that I didn't use a top or bottom coat, I'm very pleased with the quality of this nail polish.

1 comment:

  1. Good to know, I'm pretty picky about polishes because I used to always get ones that had color in the bottle but came out almost clear on my nails until around the 7th coat.

    ReplyDelete