Friday, July 6, 2012

The Secret - Unrated

The Secret
By Rhonda Byrne 

I found myself unable to give The Secret a star rating because of its content. Everything you read in it is mostly based on common sense. Positivity attracts posivitiy, negativity attracts negativity, etc. Naturally when you live your life in a positive manner, you perceive that only good things are coming your way. The opposite is also true. I've known about the premise of this book for a long time before finally giving it a read after being influenced by Xia Xue, Cheerserland, and Qiuqiu, having read their rave reviews about how The Secret has changed their lives.

One thing I did learn from The Secret (and Xia Xue) is affirmations. If I ask the universe for something (with only positive wording!) and believe that I've already attained it, then it is more likely to come true. Since then I've started keeping an affirmation journal, writing down the things I absolutely believe will come true. I'm happy to report that so far, it's worked. How, you may ask? I'm glad to tell you.

I've been helping my sister-in-law build a business from the ground up. I handle all the back end stuff - paperwork, sales, mailing, packaging, etc. She focuses on designing the jewelry that we sell. From the first day she showed me her jewelry, I believed that she could be a success. Without her permission (before she had made the decision to start up a business), I went behind her back and contacted several boutiques but there was one that I really had my heart set on. It's very popular and successful where we live, and has an stellar reputation. It was a week after I wrote down the affirmation that I would close the sale for $1,200 (not too bad for a business that didn't exist at the time!) and help her take steps to becoming a success that she decided to allow me to do the legal paperwork to set her up.

Everyone should give The Secret a read at least once. You may not unlock the meaning of life, but you'll likely gain something out of it.




BeKa

1 comment:

  1. How inspiring! I like how you shared your own experience following the book. Best of luck with your business endeavors. ^ ^

    ReplyDelete